Berry Delicious Potato Salad
Classic summer yellow fleshed potato salad, bound with a creamy hard-boiled egg dressing, elevated with the addition of assorted berries and arugula for an unexpected twist.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 5 medium yellow-fleshed potatoes (about 2 lbs/1 kg)
- 2 hard cooked eggs peeled
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sour cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 4 green onions green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) loosely packed fresh mint finely chopped
- A pinch of salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) mixed berries (such as, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed baby arugula leaves
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Scrub potatoes and dice into 3/4-inch (2 cm) pieces. Cook in large pot of salted water until tender. Drain well; let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mash eggs with a fork. Whisk in mayonnaise, cream, sour cream, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, onions, and mint, until creamy. Add warm potatoes to dressing; add a pinch of salt. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
To serve, in a medium bowl toss berries, arugula and balsamic vinegar; reserve some of the berries and arugula. Fold berry mixture into potato salad. Serve in a bowl or on a platter; garnish with reserved berries and arugula.
There are many varieties of yellow-fleshed potatoes. They have a wonderful flavour and texture, perfect for potato salad. Look for Yukon Golds, Agria and Kennebec potatoes – all of these are perfect for this salad.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||5 % / 56 mg|
|Vitamin B6:||17 %|
|Vitamin C:||33 %|