This is the Best-Ever Butter Tarts recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- Pastry for double crust 9-inch (23 cm) pie*
- 1 cup (250 mL) raisins (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) corn syrup
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) butter melted
- of salt
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
Roll out pastry and cut into twelve 5-inch (13 cm) circles. Set each circle loosely into 3-inch (7 1/2 cm) muffin cup. Sprinkle raisins over bottom of each tart shell, if desired, and chill.
In medium bowl, combine eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and salt. Pour over raisins. Bake 20 minutes or until set. Cool 5 minutes in pans on wire racks.
Remove from pans and let cool completely.
* Or you can use 2 dozen 3 inch (7.5 cm) frozen tart shells, placed on baking sheets and thawed 10 minutes.