This recipe is taken from the 2004 Milk Calendar. This is the Bittersweet Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Refrigeration: 1 h - 4 h
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) hazelnuts toasted and skinned*
- 4 oz (125 g) bittersweet chocolate chopped
- of salt
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) 35 % cream
- Chopped hazelnuts for garnish
In food processor, chop hazelnuts, chocolate and salt until fine, about 4 min.
In saucepan or in microwave over medium-high heat, bring 3/4 cup (180 mL) of cream to boil. Pour into food processor through feed tube with motor running. Process until mixture is smooth. Transfer to bowl and let cool completely.
In large bowl, using electric mixer, whip remaining whipping cream to soft peaks. Fold one-quarter of the whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining cream just until blended. Using a piping bag fitted with a star tip or spoon, divide among six serving dishes.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours before serving. Garnish with chopped hazelnuts.
* To toast hazelnuts, spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in 375 °F (190 °C) oven for about 8 min or until fragrant. Pour onto clean towel and let cool slightly. Rub inside towel to remove skins. Discard skins.
For the Adventurous: For an elaborate presentation, pipe the mousse into chocolate cups or shells. Garnish with fresh raspberries and chocolate-dipped whole hazelnuts and drizzle the plate with chocolate or raspberry sauce.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||5 % / 60 mg|
|Vitamin A:||23 %|
|Vitamin D:||10 %|