This is the Blue Cheese Pecan Surprise recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 36 2-inch (5 cm) unbaked mini tart shells
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) Canadian Blue cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pecans toasted and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- of pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red pepper jelly
Preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C).
Place tart shells on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle Canadian Blue cheese and pecans evenly into shells. Set aside. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Pour evenly into shells, almost to top.
Bake for about 15 minutes or until filling is puffed and pastry is browned. Top each tart with a tiny dollop of red pepper jelly and serve. Tarts can be refrigerated overnight or frozen for up to two months. Thawed tarts can be re-heated at 375 °F (190 °C) for about 5 minutes
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||1 % / 15 mg|