What makes a “smoothie bowl”? It’s thick enough to eat with a spoon yet still smooth and luscious and chock full of yogurt and fruit. This is a breakfast that can be whizzed together in minutes to get you started on your day.
- Prep: 7 min
- 2 frozen, very ripe bananas
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen blueberries
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) quick-cooking rolled oats divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ground flax and/or hemp seeds divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt
- 2 tsp (10 mL) liquid honey
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) almonds with skin
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh blueberries
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Set aside fresh blueberries, almonds with and without skin and 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the oats for the topping.
In a blender, combine yogurt, honey, banana, frozen blueberries, oats and seeds; purée until smooth. Pour into bowls and top with fresh blueberries, oats and almonds. Serve immediately.
Note: If you don’t have blanched almonds, you can use almonds with skin instead.
Keep frozen bananas and blueberries on hand, individually portioned for this recipe in resealable freezer bags, to make the preparation for this smoothie bowl even faster in the morning.
This extra-thick smoothie works best in a full-size upright blender, rather than the smaller single-portion blenders. If you only have a smaller blender, add a little milk to thin the mixture and help the blender work.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||30 % / 332 g|
|Vitamin E:||54 %|