This is the Bocconcini-Veggie Salad recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 7 min - 10 min
- Parmesan Dressing
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) minced fresh basil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tomatoes quartered
- 2 yellow peppers quartered
- 1 red onion quartered
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby potatoes cooked and halved
- 1 bunch asparagus cut in sections and blanched
- 1 Container (13 oz/400 g) Canadian Bocconcini quartered (about 8)
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
In a large bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and basil. Salt and pepper to taste.
Brush a little dressing on tomato, pepper and onion pieces.Roast tomatoes, peppers and onion on hot grill until browned and soft, then cut into chunks.
Add Parmesan, potatoes, asparagus and Bocconcini to dressing.
Add grilled vegetables to mixture in bowl. Toss lightly, adjust seasoning as needed and serve immediately.
When barbecue season is over, the vegetables can be grilled in the oven at 450 °F (230 °C). This recipe can easily be prepared ahead of time.Cool cooked vegetables and refrigerate. Serve salad cold. To serve salad warm, keep cooked vegetables separate, then heat them in a frying pan before tossing salad.
For a change of taste, try with Canadian Swiss, Gouda or Mozzarella, etc.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||34 % / 374 mg|
|Vitamin C:||347 %|