This is the Brie and Sun-dried Tomato Bundles recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) melted butter
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 9 sheets phyllo dough
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) leek (white part only) finely sliced, blanched and cooled
- 1 cup (250 mL) sun-dried tomatoes (oil-packed) rehydrated and drained, and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh oregano or fresh basil (or a combination)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 10 oz (300 g) Canadian Brie cheese cut into 12 thick slices
Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
In a small bowl, stir together melted butter (still hot) and olive oil. Brush on 3 sheets of phyllo dough. Place another phyllo sheet on top of each sheet, brush with more butter/oil mixture and repeat, making 3 stacks of 3 sheets each. Cut each stack in half to make 6 pieces and line 6 muffin cups.
In a bowl, combine leek, sun-dried tomatoes, herbs, salt and pepper. Divide mixture evenly among phyllo cups. Top each cup with 2 slices of Canadian Brie. Close bundles by pinching dough at top, using a little melted butter if necessary to make dough stick.
For a shiny, golden finish, brush tops lightly with butter/oil mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Serve on a bed of snow-pea or alfalfa sprouts, or on a mesclun mix.
Freeze unbaked bundles in muffin pan. Once frozen, remove from pan and place in a freezer bag. To bake, return frozen bundles to muffin pan to preserve their shape (add an extra 5 to 7 minutes to baking time).
Bundles can be pre-baked for about 10 minutes, then reheated before serving.
|Folic Acid:||52 mcg|