This is the Brie & asparagus carbonara recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 2 bunches of asparagus (about ¾ lb – 350 g each) trimmed
- 3 oz (90 g) mild or spicy pancetta finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 7 oz (200 g) Canadian Brie , rind removed, cut into pieces
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 oz (90 g) Canadian Brie cut into slices for garnish (optional)
- Homemade Gouda asparagus pesto (optional)
Cut asparagus in half or quarters lengthwise, depending on thickness. Set aside.
In a large skillet on medium heat, cook pancetta for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 more min.
Add asparagus and ¼ cup (60 mL) water to the skillet. Cook, covered, about 5 min or until asparagus begins to soften. Continue cooking, uncovered, for 3–4 min, stirring frequently.
Add Brie without rind to the skillet and let melt. Season with pepper and stir to coat asparagus well.
Serve immediately. If desired, garnish with slices of Brie and Gouda asparagus pesto.
Health & wellness
The tip of the asparagus contains a higher concentration of nutrients than the base of the stem.
Cheese alternative: Canadian Camembert.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||17 % / 191 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||67 %|