This is the Brie Canapés with Pecans on Fruit recipe.
- Prep: 5 min
- Cooking: 4 min - 5 min
- 8 oz (240 g) Canadian Brie cut in 12 pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsp (2 mL) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Graham cracker crumbs or other dry cookies crumbled
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pecan pieces
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 pinch of ground ginger
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 egg beaten
- 12 slices of fig or other fruit (apple, pear, strawberry, apricot, etc.)
Preheat the oven to 425 °F (210 °C).
Melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave oven. Stir in the cookie crumbs, pecans, brown sugar and spices.
Dip the Brie pieces into the beaten egg and then coat with the cookie crumb mixture. Lay the Brie pieces on the fruit slices.
Place the canapés on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake on the centre oven rack for 4 minutes or until the cheese is slightly melted and the cookie crumbs are lightly golden and crispy. Serve immediately.
Suggestion: Brie canapés with pecans on fruit are an excellent substitution for the cheese plate traditionally served at the end of a meal.
For variety, place the Brie in greased ramekins, top with the cookie crumb mixture and bake in the oven until the cookie crumbs are golden and crispy and the cheese is melted.
Try it with Canadian Camembert, Ricotta, or Cheddar, etc.
Learn more about