The ingredients in this dish are so fresh and tasty, it is sure to please your entire family!
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked brown rice
- 2 cans (540 mL) (19 oz) chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 3 cups (750 mL) broccoli florets
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) garam masala
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) lightly packed arugula
- 1 cup (250 mL) grape tomatoes halved
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 4-6 eggs
- Sesame seeds to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tsp (20 mL) olive oil
- Zest and juice of half lemon
- 1/2 tbsp (7.5 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh cilantro finely chopped
- Salt to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat the oven to 400 °F (200°C).
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Spread the chickpeas and broccoli on the sheet and mix with cumin, garam masala and olive oil. Place in the oven for 15 minutes until tender.
While the broccoli and chickpeas are roasting in the oven, place the eggs in a saucepan and fill with cold water until they are covered. Bring water to boil over medium heat, then lower heat and simmer 4 minutes for soft yolks (or 6 to 8 minutes if you prefer hard yolks.)
While cooking the eggs, in a bowl, whisk the yogurt with the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, maple syrup, cilantro and salt. Set aside.
At the end of cooking, rinse the eggs under running cold water before peeling and halving.
Divide equally among serving bowls the brown rice, chickpeas, broccoli, arugula, tomato, radish, avocado and the eggs. Then, drizzle with the dressing and sesame seeds.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||16 % / 173 mg|
|Vitamin C:||86 %|