This recipe is taken from the 1989 Milk Calendar. This is the Buffet Potatoes with Swiss Cheese recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 6 large baking potatoes baked
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Canadian Swiss type cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped chives or green onions
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter melted
Cut potatoes in half. Scoop cooked potatoes into large bowl; break up into small pieces with fork. Discard skins. Add 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, Swiss and Parmesan cheeses, chives and salt. Toss lightly with a fork to combine.
Spread mixture in a 8-cup (2 L) shallow baking dish*. Pour milk over potato mixture. Combine bread crumbs, parsley and melted butter; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake in a preheated 375 °F (190 °C) oven 15 min or until golden and heated through.
*Potato mixture may be prepared ahead to this point. Just before baking complete as above. Increase baking time to 40 min.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||39 % / 431 mg|
|Vitamin C:||73 %|
|Vitamin B12:||70 %|
|Vitamin B6:||56 %|