This recipe is taken from the 1982 Milk Calendar. Can a luncheon main course find happiness as a dessert? Can buttermilk fit into your life? Find out by serving this fabulous mold filled with fresh fruit.
- Prep: 20 min
- 1 pouch (1/4 oz/7 g) of unflavored gelatin
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Canadian Cottage cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) orange rind grated
- 1 cup (250 mL) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh strawberries sliced, or other fresh fruit
- Fresh mint (optional)
Soften gelatin in lemon and orange juices; dissolve over very low heat (or boiling water).
In a blender of food processor, blend cottage cheese, orange rind, buttermilk, sugar and nutmeg together. Add dissolved gelatin, stirring to blend well. Pour into a rinsed 4 cup (1 L) mold; refrigerate until firm.
Unmold onto serving plate. Fill centre with strawberries. Garnish with fresh mint.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||11 % / 118 mg|
|Vitamin C:||69 %|
|Vitamin B12:||19 %|