This is the Butterscotch Fruit Packets and Grilled Angel Food Cake recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 12 (1 inch/2.5 cm thick) chunks fresh pineapple well-drained
- 12 (1 inch/2.5 cm thick) chunks of banana slightly underipe
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed golden brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chilled butter
- Fresh raspberries or blueberries
- vanilla ice cream
- Grilled Angel Food Cake Slices
Divide pineapple and banana equally among 4 (10 inch/25 cm) squares of buttered heavy duty foil. Sprinkle each serving of fruit with 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar and 2 tbsp (30 mL) cold butter, cut into small pieces.
Fold two opposite edges of foil and seal with a double fold. Fold ends in several times to completely seal fruit and prevent leakage.
Place foil packets on grill and cook, with lid open, directly over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning packets twice or until fruit is warm and sauce has thickened.
Spoon fruit and sauce over Grilled Angel Food Cake Slices. Garnish with raspberries or blueberries and serve with ice cream.
Grilled Angel Food Cake Slices:
Brush both sides of 8 thin wedges of Angel Food cake with melted butter. Grill over medium heat until toasted on both sides.
Nutritional informationPer serving
|Calcium:||12 % / 129 mg|