This recipe is taken from the 2007 Milk Calendar. This is the California Chicken Pasta Salad recipe.
- Prep: 15 min - 20 min
- Cooking: 8 min - 10 min
- 8 oz (250 g) cavatappi or fusilli or farfalle or other short pasta (about 2-1/2 cups / 625 mL)
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked chicken shredded
- 1 cup (250 mL) red grapes halved
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced celery
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) crumbled Canadian Havarti or Canadian Colby shredded or Canadian Gouda cheese shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) walnuts or almonds toasted and chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) liquid honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) plain yogurt
In a large bowl, whisk together milk, garlic, honey, mustard, salt, thyme and rosemary. Gradually whisk in lemon juice. Let stand for 10 min or until slightly thickened. Whisk in yogurt.
In large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente; drain. Rinse under cold running water until cool; drain well.
Add to dressing in bowl with chicken, grapes, celery, onion and cheese and stir gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with nuts.
Cooking Tip: Buy a barbecued chicken from the grocery store or cook extra on the weekend and shred the meat to use in this pasta salad. You can even freeze shredded chicken in a freezer bag or airtight container to use later. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||21 % / 228 mg|