Calzones with Canadian Swiss cheese (Cooking Club Size)
This is the Calzones with Canadian Swiss cheese (Cooking Club Size) recipe.
- Prep: 25 min
- Cooking: 30 min - 35 min
- 12 five-inch (12 cm) rounds of pizza dough about 2 lb (900 g)
- 7 1/2 oz (213 mL) 2 cans pizza sauce
- 1 large red pepper cut in thin strips
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 6 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 head broccoli cut into small florets
- 12 sprigs thum stems removed
- 12 basil leaves thinly sliced
- 4 cups (1 L) shredded Canadian Swiss cheese
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
Divide each ball of dough into 12 even pieces and roll each into a five-inch (12 cm) round. Place 12 rounds on two non-stick baking sheets. Spread sauce on half of each round, leaving a 1/2 inch (1 cm) edge.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and broccoli and cook until lightly softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
Evenly divide red pepper, mushrooms and broccoli over sauce on the rounds. Sprinkle each with thyme, basil and Canadian Swiss. Fold remaining half over toppings, making half moons. Pinch dough around edges and fold up to seal well.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until calzones are golden brown.
Cooking Club Tip:Cool; label package with recipe name, date and heating instructions. When ready to serve, heat in conventional or toaster oven until heated through.
Add any diced, cooked meat, like ham, pepperoni, wieners, etc., that children like.
For a change of taste, use Canadian Emmental or Canadian-Swiss.