This is the Carrot, cranberry & Havarti salad recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) walnut pieces
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) orange juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) plain Greek yogurt
- 6 - 8 medium carrots, peeled and cut into ribbons or julienned
- 5 oz (150 g) Canadian Havarti, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Spread out walnuts on a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
In a large bowl, mix oil, honey, orange juice and Greek yogurt.
Add walnuts and remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Did you know?
Dried cranberries can be kept for up to 12 months in the pantry or freezer.
Carrot salad can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. Add the walnuts just before serving so they retain their crunchiness.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Cheddar, Gouda.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||21 % / 227 mg|
|Vitamin A:||106 %|
|Vitamin B12:||19 %|