This is the Cheddar and Apple Buttermilk Scones recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 3 cups (750 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp (12 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) unsalted butter chilled
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Canadian Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) dried apples diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) buttermilk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) buttermilk for brushing
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °F).
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
Using a box grater on the largest holes, grate the chilled butter into the flour mixture and rub with fingertips until it resembles large flakes. Stir in cheese and apples. Make a well in the mixture and add the buttermilk. Using a fork, gently incorporate it in the flour just until combined.
Turn the dough onto a large piece of parchment paper and pat down into a large disk. Using the paper for help, fold the mixture onto itself 4-5 times. Pat dough down to a 1/2- inch (1 cm) thick circle.
Cut out desired shapes with biscuit cutters and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining buttermilk and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||7 % / 79 mg|