Adding cheese to the vegetable mix brings a touch of smoothness to your samosa filling.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 25 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Canadian Medium Cheddar shredded
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) Canadian Ricotta
- 1 cup (250 mL) broccoli finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) peas
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) garam masala
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) all-purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water at room temperature (add more if needed)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter melted
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a large bowl, mix all filling ingredients including cheeses, vegetables and spices.
Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C).
In a medium bowl, combine flours, salt and oil. Mix until oil is evenly distributed. Add water and knead for 2–3 minutes or until dough is smooth.
Divide dough into four pieces and roll each into a smooth ball. Form each ball into a flat disc. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll disc into a thin patty of 8-inch (20 cm) in diameter. Cut patty in half.
Fold patty in half to make a cone shape. Brush inside of cut edges with water and press to seal.
Put 2 tbsp (30 mL) of filling into cone. Brush last inside edge with water and press to seal. Brush butter on each side of samosa and then place it on a baking sheet. Repeat process to make 7 more samosas.
Bake for 20–25 minutes or until golden brown.
Note: Serve samosas with a mint chutney dip.
Canadian Cheese alternatives for Medium Cheddar: Mozzarella, Gouda, Mild Cheddar.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||12 % / 128 mg|
|Vitamin C:||37 %|
|Vitamin E:||23 %|