This is the Cheddar Your Wagons Grilled Cheese recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 12 min - 17 min
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried or fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 4 large Kaiser rolls sliced in 1/2 (squared tops and bottoms for even grilling) or 8 slices of thick cut sourdough bread approximately 5-inch (12.5 cm)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Barbecue sauce
- 6 oz (180 g) Canadian Sharp Cheddar thinly sliced or shredded
- 6 oz (180 g) deli sliced roast beef or thinly sliced leftover steak or roast beef
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a small bowl mix garlic, parsley and butter together. Butter outside of Kaiser rolls (tops and bottoms). Spread 1 tbsp (15 mL) barbecue sauce on inside of each bun half. Place 2 bottoms butter-side down in skillet (or 4 if using large griddle). Add 2 oz (60 g) of sliced Cheddar and 2 oz (60 g) of sliced roast beef on each bun. Complete sandwiches by placing Kaiser tops on, butter-side up.
Place skillet on stovetop and cook over medium-low heat for approximately 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully turn sandwiches with a spatula and continue cooking for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown and cheese has melted.
Carefully remove from pan and serve immediately.
Serve with baked beans to complete the Western theme.
Nutritional informationPer serving