This is the Cheese, Nuts & Cranberry Pasta recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 3 cups (750 mL) penne or any other short pasta
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 French shallot chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) white wine
- 1 cup (250 mL) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme or Provence herbs
- 2 cups (500 mL) various types of Canadian cheeses shredded or diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh parsley chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) nuts toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dried cranberries or other dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, apricots)
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Cook pasta as indicated on package.
In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and sauté shallots 3-4 minutes. Add flour and stir well. Pour in the wine, broth and milk while stirring with a whisk. Bring to a boil, add thyme and simmer 5 minutes.
Add cheese gradually, and parsley. Let cheese melt completely. Stir in the cooked pasta until well coated.
Serve topped with nuts and cranberries.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||42 % / 462 mg|