This is the Cheese Tart à la Provençale (Cooking Club Size) recipe.
- Prep: 45 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 25 min
- 12 ripe Italian plum tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) salt
- 12 inch (30 cm) 2 refrigerated commercial precooked or plain Italian flat bread
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Herbes de Provençe
- 1 lb (450 g) shredded Canadian Swiss* cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Ground nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) chopped fresh basil or 2 tsp (10 mL) dried basil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 16 large pitted black olives sliced in two
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Place tomato slices in a large colanders, sprinkle with salt and let drain for about 30 minutes. Gently pat tomatoes dry with paper towels.
Preheat oven to 450 ºF (225 ºC).
Place both pizza crusts on a baking trays or pizza pans, sprinkle each crust with Herbes de Provençe and Canadian Swiss cheese. Divide and arrange sliced tomatoes in a circular pattern over the crusts. Season with nutmeg, pepper and basil. Drizzle 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil over each and top each with black olives.
Bake tarts individually for 6 minutes or until cheese has melted and crust is slightly toasted. Broil under grill 2 more minutes. Delicious hot or warm!
Cooking Club Tip:Package each tart separately, label with recipe name, date and cooking instructions. Reheat in oven to serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
Suggestion for a healthy balanced meal:For a complete meal, enjoy with a niçoise salad.
*Why not replace the Canadian Swiss cheese with Canadian Brick or Emmental!