Discover a bite-sized strawberry cheesecake recipe! Our take on a classic recipe - made with strawberries stuffed with a creamy filling of whipped cream and Canadian cream cheese. Enjoy it as a dessert, or reach for it as a snack.
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Refrigeration: 10 minutes
- 24 (about 1 lb or 454 g) fresh strawberries
- 1 brick (226 g) Canadian cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) Canadian heavy cream
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) powdered sugar
- ½ cup (125 ml) graham cracker crumbs, for topping (optional)
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Begin by washing and drying the strawberries. Cut the strawberries in half from top to bottom. Use a knife or a spoon to gently scoop out the center part of the strawberry to create a small well in the middle.
In a bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the Canadian cream cheese on high for about 1 minute, until it becomes smooth and creamy.
Add the Canadian heavy cream and vanilla extract. Continue beating until the mixture becomes smooth.
Incorporate the powdered sugar and beat again until the filling reaches a smooth consistency.
To assemble, place the cheesecake mixture into a piping bag or a sandwich bag. Cut off one corner of the bag to create a hole with a diameter of about ⅜".
Gently squeeze the bag to dispense the filling into the center of each strawberry half. Fill them generously, allowing the filling to mound up slightly.
For an added touch, top the filled strawberries with crushed graham crackers, if desired.
Serve and enjoy!
- The key to making these deviled strawberries is to cut them lengthwise and create a small well in the middle of the strawberry. This indentation will hold the filling. Without the well, the filling might slide off.
- To prepare ahead of time, wash and cut the strawberries, and refrigerate them. Make the filling and refrigerate it. Assemble the strawberries before eating.