This is the Cheesy Mashed Potatoes recipe.
- Prep: 5 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 6 all-purpose potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) warm Milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian Cheddar* cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
In large saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling salted water 20 minutes or until tender; drain. Mash potatoes; add milk and butter.
Stir in Canadian Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Mashed potatoes should be free of lumps and a potato masher will do the job quickly and easily. If you like creamy smooth potatoes, whip them with a hand or electric beater, but do not use a blender or food processor or the potatoes will turn to glue.
* Or you can use crumbled Canadian Blue or chopped Brie cheese.