This recipe is taken from the 1990 Milk Calendar. This is the Cheesy Potato Bake recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 50 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) finely chopped onion
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) finely chopped green bell pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 1 1/2 lbs (675 g) potatoes peeled
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Canadian Swiss type cheese
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- Additional shredded Canadian Swiss type cheese
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Melt butter in medium saucepan. Sauté onion, green and red bell peppers until they're tender; set aside.
Pour milk into large bowl. Shred potatoes into milk. Stir in 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Swiss cheese, eggs, sautéd vegetables, salt and pepper. Pour potato mixture into a buttered 8-inch (20 cm) square baking dish.
Sprinkle additional shredded cheese on top.
Bake in preheated 350 °F (180 °C) oven 45 to 50 min or until done. Cut into squares to serve.