This is the Chef Corbin’s Best Ever Grilled Cheese recipe.
- Prep: 15 min - 20 min
- Cooking: 5 min
- 1 piece olive focaccia bread
- 1 tsp (5 mL) roasted garlic puree
- 2 thin slices of 1 oz (30 g) each of Canadian Smoked Mozzarella
- 4 slices of yellow tomato
- 3 large whole basil leaves
- 2 oz (60 g) shaved prosciutto
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
Slice focaccia bread in half and spread garlic puree onto both sides. Place 1 slice of Canadian Mozzarella onto bottom side of focaccia bread. Layer tomato slices, basil leaves and prosciutto onto cheese. Lightly season filling with cracked black pepper and top with last slice of Mozzarella. Place top of bread onto sandwich.
Preheat a panini grill to medium-high heat. Place filled sandwich onto preheated grill, top it with olive oil and grill until crispy and cheese begins to melt, approximately 4-5 minutes. Remove from grill and serve immediately.
Serve with a light salad.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving