Delicious, protein-rich and easy. - Recipe by Chef Josée Robitaille.
- Prep: 45 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1 onion minced
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded cooked chicken
- 3 Italian tomatoes diced
- A dash of hot sauce
- 8 6-inches (15 cm) whole grain tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado pitted and pureed
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- Salsa (optional)
- Fresh coriander (optional)
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a skillet, heat oil at medium-high. Add chili powder and onion, cooking about 8 minutes. Add chicken, tomatoes, and hot sauce and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
Divide chicken mixture in center of four tortillas, top with avocado and Monterey Jack cheese. Place another tortilla on top and press lightly.
In a non-stick pan, cook each quesadilla over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes a side. Top with salsa and fresh coriander if desired. Enjoy with a salad on the side.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||28 % / 304 mg|