A lighter take on the classic slider that hits all the right notes: fun, freshness, flavour and fabulous visual appeal.
- Prep: 25 min - 30 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- Cucumber Remoulade
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Canadian Cream cheese softened
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (5 mL) lemon zest grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 English cucumber julienned (or grated and drained)
- 1 lb (450 g) chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 tsp (5 mL) paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 12 bread rolls
- 5 oz (150 g) Canadian Medium Cheddar sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby spinach
In a bowl, mix Cream Cheese with lemon juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper and add cucumber. Stir and reserve.
Season chicken with spices. In a saucepan, melt butter on high heat and sauté chicken 5 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
Cut bread rolls in half without cutting through completely. Open and place Cheddar on bottom halves and heat in oven at 325 °F (160 °C) for 2 minutes or until cheese softens.
Top with chicken, spinach and Cucumber remoulade.
May be served in mini ciabatta rolls or mini pita breads.
Cheese alternatives: Try it with Canadian Swiss cheese or Gouda.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||16 % / 177 mg|