This is the Chicken Steak and Cheese Melt recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 25 min
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter, melted
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 4 boneless, skinless breasts
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) bottled garlic honey BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme leaves
- 4 slices of Canadian Mozzarella cheese
- 4 crusty bread rolls
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mayonnaise
Preheat grill to medium.
Stir the salt and pepper into the butter. Brush onion slices evenly with butter as they are placed on grill. Close the lid and cook, turning as needed, for 20 minutes. Remove onion slices from the grill and increase heat to medium-high.
Lay chicken thighs or breasts flat. Stir garlic sauce with thyme and brush all over chicken. Grill, turning once, for 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked through. Top each piece of chicken with onions. Slice Canadian Mozzarella cheese in half on the diagonal and drape slices over chicken. Cover and let stand for 30 seconds. Toast buns on grill and spread with mayonnaise. Top with chicken steaks.
Try this recipe with Canadian Cheddar or Monterey Jack.
Learn more about
|Calcium:||13 % / 132 mg|