By Josée Robitaille
Just follow the steps for an easy, deliciously flavourful main course.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground curry powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground turmeric
- 4 half chicken breasts skinned, deboned and cut in 3
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) tomato paste
- 1 red and/or yellow bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In large frying pan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add curry and turmeric. Salt chicken, place in frying pan and cook 3 minutes. Turn chicken over, add garlic and onion and cook 3 minutes. Add broth and tomato paste, cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
Add bell pepper and cook 3 minutes. Remove chicken. Remove a spoonful of the sauce and stir it into yogurt. Mix cornstarch with a little water. Add to sauce. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Add yogurt. Reheat without boiling and adjust seasoning. Serve with basmati rice and fresh vegetables. Garnish with coriander if desired.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||10 % / 109 mg|
|Vitamin B6:||67 %|
|Vitamin C:||69 %|