By Josée Robitaille
Just follow the steps for an easy, deliciously flavourful main course.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground curry powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground turmeric
- 4 half chicken breasts skinned, deboned and cut in 3
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) tomato paste
- 1 red and/or yellow bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander to taste
In large frying pan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add curry and turmeric. Salt chicken, place in frying pan and cook 3 minutes. Turn chicken over, add garlic and onion and cook 3 minutes. Add broth and tomato paste, cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
Add bell pepper and cook 3 minutes. Remove chicken. Remove a spoonful of the sauce and stir it into yogurt. Mix cornstarch with a little water. Add to sauce. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Add yogurt. Reheat without boiling and adjust seasoning. Serve with basmati rice and fresh vegetables. Garnish with coriander if desired.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||10 % / 109 mg|
|Vitamin C:||69 %|
|Vitamin B6:||67 %|