Stir-fries are perfect for those nights when time is of the essence and Real Cream is the base for an easy, luscious sauce. Get the rice or noodles cooking before you start chopping and you’ll be sitting down to a balanced dinner in less than 30 minutes.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 12 min - 15 min
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tsp (10 mL) packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 onion halved and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch
- 1 cup (250 mL) 10% half-and-half or 18% table Cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 cups (1 L) chopped bok choy Swiss chard or spinach
- Hot pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh basil
- Lime wedges
Cut chicken crosswise into 1/4-inch (0.5 cm) thick strips. In a bowl, combine chicken, ginger and brown sugar.
In a large skillet, toast almonds over medium-high heat, stirring, for 2 min or until golden and fragrant; transfer to a bowl. Add butter to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken mixture and onion; sauté for 5 min or until chicken turns white all over and onion is softened.
Whisk cornstarch into Cream and stir into pan with soy sauce. Bring to a simmer, stirring. Stir in bok choy; simmer, stirring, for 3 min or until bok choy is tender crisp and chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove from heat; stir in hot pepper sauce to taste. Sprinkle with almonds and basil; serve lime wedges to squeeze over top.
You can substitute pork tenderloin or boneless loin chops for the chicken. If using tenderloin, cut in half lengthwise. Cut tenderloin halves or chops crosswise into 1/4-inch (0.5 cm) thick strips. In step 3, cook until just a hint of pink remains in pork.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||15 % / 164 mg|
|Vitamin B6:||64 %|
|Vitamin C:||60 %|