Chicken Grilled CheeseOur dietitians' favourite
By Stefano Faita
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked shredded chicken
- 4 tsp (20 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 or 2 sprigs tarragon finely chopped
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Zest of one lemon
- 8 slices crusty whole wheat bread
- 8 slices Canadian cheddar or Swiss or Havarti cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter (room temperature)
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Mix chicken, mayonnaise, tarragon, green onion, mustard, garlic and lemon zest in a bowl.
Evenly distribute the chicken spread and cheese slices among the four sandwiches. Season to taste and top with remaining slices of bread. Butter the outside of the bread and grill sandwiches until golden-brown and cheese has melted inside.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||32 % / 354 mg|