This simple, nutritious quiche recipe is perfect for a weekday supper or lunch-to-go. Kids and adults will love the tasty combination of cream and Canadian Swiss cheese, in perfect harmony with chicken, spinach and fresh basil.
- 9 inch unbaked pie crust (23 cm)
- 1/2 pkg frozen spinach (10 oz/300 mL) thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chopped cooked chicken
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh basil (or 2 tsp/10 mL dried basil)
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian Swiss Cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% Cream or 18% Cream or 10% Cream
- pinch nutmeg
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C).
Place unbaked pie crust in a 9 inch (23 cm) pie plate. Prick pie crust all over with a fork. Bake on bottom rack of preheated oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned; cool.
Scatter spinach, chicken, basil and cheese over pastry.
Whisk remaining ingredients together in a medium bowl. Carefully pour into cooled pie crust.
Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until set and golden.
Use leftover chicken or a pre-cooked chicken from the grocery store.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||22 % / 240 mg|
|Vitamin A:||26 %|
|Vitamin B12:||54 %|