Similar to classic Tabbouleh but packed with vegetables, tender chicken and nutty Swiss cheese, this is a filling lunch that will really satisfy. The zesty orange dressing gives it a fresh flavour, even when made ahead and packed for lunch the next day.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 5 min
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) coarse bulgur
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) water
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) chopped cooked chicken breast
- 4 oz (125 g) cubed Swiss or washed-rind cheese
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a saucepan, combine bulgur, 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt and water and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, cover and let soak for 15 minutes. Drain and place in a large bowl. Let cool to room temperature.
Add celery, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, chicken and cheese to bulgur.
In a small bowl, whisk together orange zest, orange juice, vinegar, oil, mustard and pepper. Pour over bulgur mixture and toss to coat. Season with up to 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||28 % / 303 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||61 %|
|Vitamin C:||47 %|