This is the Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 1 h 40
- Crispy tortillas
- 3 vegetable tortillas
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- Chicken Soup
- 11 1/2 oz (350 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- 1 Container (900 mL/ 3 2/3 cups) chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) stewed tomatoes
- 5-6 fresh coriander sprigs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lime juice
- 4 oz (125 g) fresh Mozzarella grated
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven at 400 °F (205 °C). Slice tortillas into strips. In mixing bowl, combine vegetable oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Coat tortilla strips in dressing and place on baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until strips are golden crisp.
Meanwhile, cut chicken into pieces. Heat oil in large saucepan at high heat. Add chicken and cook while stirring. Stir in chicken broth. Cook until chicken is tender (approx. 1 1/2 h, uncovered). Stir in garlic and tomatoes. Stir in coriander and lime juice. Pour soup in serving bowls. Garnish with grated cheese and Crispy Tortillas.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||20 % / 225 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||47 %|