Try this vegetarian dinner full of robust Indian flavours. The fragrant combination of onion, garlic, ginger, and yogurt makes this dish incredibly appetizing. You’ll just love this warm and comforting dish.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 8 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced onion
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) masala paste or curry paste
- 3 cups (750 mL) canned chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) no salt added diced tomatoes
- 2 cups (500 mL) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh cilantro
- 2 pieces whole-wheat naan bread
In a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, stir onions for 3 minutes or until translucent in colour. Stir in garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds longer. Stir in masala paste and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in chickpeas and diced tomatoes, cook for 10 minutes. Take off the heat and slowly stir in yogurt.
Serve in a bowl topped with cilantro and a half slice of toasted whole-wheat naan.
If you are not a fan of chickpeas, you can replace them with the same amount of chicken. This is a very versatile dish.
To add some heat to this dish, add ½ tsp (5 mL) of cayenne pepper.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||25 % / 273 mg|