This is the Chili Cheddar corn cakes recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chili powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) milk
- 1 1/4 cup (310 mL) whole kernel corn
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) Canadian Medium Cheddar shredded, divided
- 4 bacon strips cooked and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cilantro leaves
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
In a bowl, mix dry ingredients together. Make a well in the middle and add milk while stirring with a whisk. Add egg and mix well. Incorporate corn and half the Cheddar.
Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium heat. Drop small spoonfuls of batter into the skillet. Cook each side about 2–3 minutes. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and top with remaining Cheddar and bacon.
Bake in the oven for 5–10 minutes. Garnish with tomatoes and cilantro just before serving.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Gouda, Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, Brick, Colby.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||20 % / 223 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||19 %|