Using your favourite bottled barbecue sauce along with a simple combination of ground spices builds authentic flavour into this perennial favourite.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper finely diced
- 1 14 oz (398 mL) can black beans or kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato paste no salt added
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) barbecue sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground coriander
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 4 - 6 hot dog buns
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Canadian Medium Cheddar shredded
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a large saucepan over high heat, brown the ground beef along with the garlic, onion and green bell pepper for 5 minutes. Add beans and cook another 2 minutes.
Blend in tomato paste, barbecue sauce, spices and water. Let simmer 5 minutes.
Toast hot dog buns on the grill. Fill buns with meat mixture and Cheddar.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Monterey Jack, Brick cheese, Gouda.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||30 % / 333 mcg|
|Vitamin B12:||99 %|
|Vitamin C:||54 %|