All the heartiness of grilled beef and all the elegance of a crisp, no-mess presentation you can serve with stand-up cocktails.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 2 small eggplants sliced 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) homemade or store-bought chimichurri sauce
- 1 lb (450 g) beef flank steaks
- 4 - 5 oz (120-150 g) Canadian Feta coarsely crumbled
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- Chimichurri Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) mild paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) fresh parsley chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) fresh coriander chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat grill to medium heat.
Place eggplant slices in a large bowl, add 3 tbsp (45 ml) of the chimichurri sauce and stir to coat thoroughly.
Brush steaks with remaining sauce.
Cook meat for 4–5 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Cook eggplants for 2–3 minutes on each side. Remove meat from grill, cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Cut meat and eggplant into strips, mix with Feta and serve on crisp romaine leaves, or roll up inside large leaves of Boston lettuce. As an alternative, serve meat and eggplant slices in alternating layers on the lettuce leaves with Feta added between the layers.
In a jar, mix together all the ingredients and set aside for at least 30 minutes for the flavours to blend well.
To get very tender slices, cut the meat against the grain.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Cottage Cheese, Fresh Mozzarella.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||25 % / 274 mg|
|Vitamin A:||78 %|
|Vitamin B12:||92 %|