This recipe is taken from the 1997 Milk Calendar. A deliciously moist peanut butter banana cake topped with Chipits. Great after school with an ice cold glass of Milk!
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 50 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 3 cups (750 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) semi-sweet minis chocolate chips
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and eggs until light and fluffy. Add mashed banana and Milk, blend well. Blend in the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
Set aside 1/4 cup (50 ml) of the Chipits Reese Peanut Butter Chips. Add remaining Reese Chips to batter, blending well.
Spoon batter into a greased and floured 13”x 9” (33 x 23 cm) baking pan. Sprinkle reserved Reese Chips and Chipits Semi-Sweet Minis evenly over batter.
Bake for 45 to 50 min or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
Remove pan from over; cool on rack for at least 1 hr. Cut into squares.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||9 % / 98 mg|