This recipe is taken from the 2003 Milk Calendar. The chocoholics in your house will have a field day when you bring out these mouth-watering cupcakes. Decorate cooled cupcakes with your favourite icing. Add sprinkles or candies if you like.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cocoa powder sifted
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) melted butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) corn syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice or vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 ºF (190 ºC). Lightly butter or line 12 muffin pan with papers; set aside.
In bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In separate bowl, beat egg; mix in milk, brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
Pour wet ingredients over dry; mix until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
Spoon into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 15 to 20 min or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Transfer to rack to cool.
Decorate cooled cupcakes with your favourite icing. Add sprinkles or candies if you like.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||6 % / 61 mg|