This is the Chocolate Cookie Buttons recipe.
- Prep: 45 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- Refrigeration: 15 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 Squares (4 oz/120 g) Baker's semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups (430 mL) Five Roses All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 12 Squares (12 oz/360 g) Baker's semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 3 Squares (3 oz/90 g) Baker's white chocolate (optional)
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). In a large bowl, cream butter. Beat in brown sugar and sugar until very smooth. Beat in egg. Microwave chocolate on medium for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Stir chocolate and vanilla into creamed mixture. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
Roll teaspoonfuls (5 mL) of dough into small balls. Place on lightly buttered baking sheet and set in freezer for 5 minutes or in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Cool completely on rack.
Microwave semi-sweet chocolate on medium for about 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Set bowl of melted chocolate over pan of steaming water. Dip cooled cookies into melted chocolate. Lift out and place on a rack set over a baking sheet. Once chocolate is firm, microwave white chocolate on medium for about 45 seconds. Stir until melted and smooth. Decorate cookies by drizzling with white chocolate.
For extra chocolately flavour and optimal storage, immerse cookies completely in melted chocolate.