This recipe is taken from the 2015 Milk Calendar. Chocolate-hazelnut spread and bananas are a natural combo, and swirled together they make these muffins super delicious.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 22 min - 24 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) (2 or 3) mashed overripe bananas
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chocolate-hazelnut spread
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Butter a muffin pan or line with paper liners.
In a small bowl, stir together milk and lemon juice. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk mixture, butter, sugar and eggs. Stir in mashed bananas; mix well. Pour over dry ingredients; stir just until combined. Drop chocolate-hazelnut spread by spoonfuls over batter; fold and swirl into batter. Don’t overmix.
Spoon into prepared muffin pan.
Bake for 22 to 24 min or until a tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 5 min. Transfer to rack to cool completely.
Freeze those overripe bananas to use in these muffins at a later date.
Skip the chocolate-hazelnut spread and use peanut butter instead. Or skip both and make banana muffins.
No lemons? Use white or cider vinegar instead.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||7 % / 72 mg|