Raspberries, chocolate and Real whipping cream combine irresistibly in this decadent special occasion cake.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 5 min
- Refrigeration: 2 h
- 8 oz (250 g) bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) frozen concentrated raspberry cocktail thawed and undiluted
- 1 -1/4 oz (7 g) pouch unflavoured gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) 35 % cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) raspberry liqueur or orange liqueur (optional)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 9-inch (23 cm) round chocolate cake layers
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh raspberries
- Fresh mint
- Icing sugar for dusting cake
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Melt chocolate in top of double boiler set over simmering water; set aside.
Place jam in small saucepan set over low heat, stirring until melted. Meanwhile, place raspberry concentrate in small bowl. Sprinkle gelatine over top; let stand 2 min. Turn into jam; stir over low heat until dissolved. Stir jam into chocolate; turn chocolate mixture into large bowl.
Whip cream with liqueur and vanilla extract just until soft peaks form. Stir 1/4 of cream into chocolate mixture; fold in remaining cream.
Slice cake layers in half horizontally. Place 1 cake layer in base of 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan. Spread 1/4 of mousse over top. Top with cake layer and 1/3 of remaining mousse. Scatter 1/2 the berries over mousse. Place cake layer over raspberries, pressing gently. Repeat layering ending with mousse. Garnish with remaining raspberries. Loosely cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours.
To unmold cake, run a knife around the inside edge and release springform pan. Garnish with fresh mint, dust with icing sugar.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||10 % / 109 mg|
|Vitamin A:||17 %|
|Vitamin B12:||22 %|