This recipe is taken from the 1989 Milk Calendar. This is the Chocolate Ripple Coffeecake recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 35 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white vinegar
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) brown sugar packed
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) chopped pecan
- 2 1/4 cups (560 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 oz (60 g) semi-sweet chocolate melted, cooled
- Melted semi-sweet chocolate (optional)
Stir together milk and vinegar; set aside. Combine brown sugar, ground cinnamon and nuts; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
Beat butter and sugar until light. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract. Add flour mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
Spread half the batter in buttered 9 inch (23 cm) tube or ring pan; drizzle chocolate and half the brown sugar mixture over batter. Add remaining batter and spread over filling. Run a knife through batter to swirl filling. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar mixture over top.
Bake in preheated 350 °F (180 °C) oven 35 min or until done. Drizzle with additional melted chocolate if desired.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||7 % / 77 mg|