Insta-worthy chocolate-ganache-filled ice cream cones with your favorite garnish rim, topped with delicious ice cream and whipped cream. This fun take on an ice cream sundae will have you feeling like a kid again.
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Cooking: 5 minutes
- 125 g (4 oz) finely chopped dark chocolate
- 20 mL (4 tsp) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 250 mL (1 cup) 35% whipping cream, divided
- 5 mL (1 tsp) honey
- Pinch salt
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) mixed finely chopped nuts, toasted shredded coconut, candies and/or sprinkles (approx.)
- 4 store-bought ice cream cones
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) icing sugar
- 500 mL (2 cups) vanilla ice cream
Combine chocolate and butter in heatproof bowl; set aside. Heat 1/2 cup (125 mL) cream set in small saucepan set over medium heat, bring to simmer. Pour over chocolate. Let stand for 1 minute; whisk until smooth.
Stir in honey and salt. Let chocolate ganache stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes or until cooled and just thickened slightly.
Place nuts, coconut, candies and/or sprinkles in bowls; set aside.
One at a time, dip edge of each cone into ganache, coating 2 cm (1/2 inch) of the cone’s rim and letting the excess drip back into bowl. Roll in one of the garnishes.
Turn cone upright. Spoon 15 mL (1 tbsp) of the chocolate ganache into cone. Repeat with remaining cones. Freeze for 5 to 8 minutes or until chocolate is hardened and set.
Meanwhile, beat remaining cream with icing sugar until stiff peaks start to form.
Warm chocolate ganache in microwave-safe dish on Low for 15 to 30 seconds or just until pourable but not hot.
Scoop ice cream into cones. Drizzle with chocolate ganache. Garnish with dollop of whipped cream, and sprinkle with extra nuts, shredded coconut, and candies and/or sprinkles, if desired.
- Cookie crumbles, chopped pretzels and granola can also be used for coating the rim of the cones.
- Substitute your favourite flavour for vanilla ice cream if desired.
Nutritional informationPer serving