This is the Chocolate Walnut cookies recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 10 min - 12 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) sugar
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) Break-Free Liquid Eggs* well shaken
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) Five Roses All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Fry's Cocoa
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) California Walnut pieces
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Cream butter in a large bowl. Beat in both sugars until very smooth. Beat in eggs until combined. Stir in vanilla. Add flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Stir until well combined. Add 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) walnuts and mix until combined.
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
Drop large spoonfuls of cookie 2-in (5 cm) apart onto lightly buttered baking sheets. Press a walnut piece into center of each cookie. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are crisp.
* To replace Break-Free Liquid Eggs with whole eggs, please consult the conversion chart on the manufacturer's Web site.