This savoury cake is as colourful as it is tasty. Be prepared for it to become your new favourite cocktail snack.
- Prep: 45 min
- Cooking: 40 min
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chili powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) melted Butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) plain Yogurt
- 2 oz (60 g) dried chorizo chopped
- 1/4 cup (60) pitted black olives chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sundried tomatoes chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) whole shelled pistachios
- 3 oz (90 g) Canadian Swiss cheese grated
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350°F (180°C).
Line a 5 3/4 x 3 1/4 x 2 1/4-inch (13 x 8 x 5.5 cm) small loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a bowl, stir together the flour, chili powder and baking powder. Make a well, add the beaten eggs, melted butter and yogurt, and combine gently with a rubber spatula.
Fold in the chorizo, olives, sundried tomatoes, pistachios, cheese and pepper.
Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake 40 minutes or until a paring knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Remove from pan and cool completely on a rack before wrapping in plastic.
Just before serving, slice thinly and enjoy with cocktails.
This loaf is equally delicious as a snack. Cut thicker slices and toast them for a few seconds. Well wrapped in plastic, the loaf will keep for 2 months in the freezer.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||20 % / 225 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||33 %|