A family favourite for dessert or special breakfast.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 45 min - 1 h
- 2 apples peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 8 slices raisin bread diced small
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) shredded Canadian Cheddar cheese
- 2-3 heaping tbsp (30-45 mL) brown sugar
- 2 cups (500 mL) Milk
- 3 large eggs
Preheat oven to 350 ºF (180 ºC). In a non-stick skillet pan over medium heat, sauté cinnamon and apples together in butter until tender.
Place three quarters of bread into lightly buttered 8-inch square (20 cm) baking dish. Spread apple mixture, cheese and brown sugar evenly over bread.
Beat milk and eggs together until frothy and stir in remaining bread. Add to baking dish and bake 45 to 60 minutes until set. Serve warm or chilled.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||16 % / 179 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||30 %|
|Vitamin D:||20 %|