This is the Colby and Chili Cobbler recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 35 min
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) salsa verde
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato paste no salt added
- 2 cups (500 mL) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) cold butter
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) Milk
- 6 oz (180 g) Canadian Colby diced
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C).
In a large baking dish, mix beans, bell peppers, salsa verde and tomato paste. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes, stirring a few times.
Meanwhile, combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Add cold butter and cut into dry ingredients using a fork to obtain a fine granular texture. Stir in milk until well combined and incorporate Colby.
Remove baking dish from oven and place spoonfuls of dough on top of chili. Continue baking in oven for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Mozzarella, Monterey Jack.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||27 % / 292 mg|
|Vitamin C:||42 %|