This is the Colby Bean Buns recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 8 oz (250 g) lean ground beef
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) beans with pork
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) barbecue sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded Canadian Colby* cheese
In large skillet, cook meat over medium heat and drain. Add beans and barbecue sauce; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until heated through.
Split buns and toast under broiler. Sprinkle 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the Canadian Colby cheese on each half bun and broil until cheese is melted.
Spoon equal amounts of hot bean mixture onto each half bun. Top with remaining 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Colby cheese. Broil until it is melted and serve.
Variation: Lean ground pork, chicken or turkey may be substituted for beef. Hot dog buns work as well as hamburger buns.
* Or you can use shredded Canadian Cheddar, Brick, Farmers' or Monterey Jack cheese.
Learn more about
|Calcium:||29 % / 321 mg|